Posted by Rod Connors on 12/27/2018
to Free Jewelry Patterns
Timeless Grace Necklace
Free Jewelry Making Pattern
By Kim Connors - www.Bead3.com
24 inches of Silver-Colored 0.35mm Buddy Braids
1 – 15x8mm Silver-Plated Lobster Clasp
1 – Silver-Plated Split Ring
2 – Silver-Plated Crimp Beads
2 – Silver-Plated 4mm Corrugated Crimp Covers
20 – Silver-Plated 4mm Ridged Rounds
18 – Clear AB 6mm Glass Crystal Bicones
9 – Black Onyx 12x8mm Semiprecious Rondelles
10 – Black Striped Agate 18x25mm Semiprecious Puff Ovals
1. Start the necklace by taking a crimp bead and string it onto one end of the Buddy Braids about a ½” from the end.
2. String the loop of the lobster clasp onto the same end of the Buddy Braids the crimp bead is on.
3. Take your Buddy Braids and string it back through the crimp bead.
4. Take a pair of Crimping Pliers and squeeze the crimp bead until you cannot pull the Buddy Braids back through. Do not trim the excess; simply string the beads on both ends of the Buddy Braids.
5. Add a Silver-Plated Crimp Bead Cover by placing it over the crimp bead and squeezing it closed.
6. Thread the following:
(a.) 1 - Clear AB 6mm Crystal Bicone, 1 - Silver-Plated 4mm Ridged Round, 1 - Black Striped Agate 18x25mm Puff Oval, 1 - Silver-Plated 4mm Ridged Round, 1 - Clear AB 6mm Crystal Bicone, and 1 - Black Onyx 12x8mm Rondelle.
(b.) Repeat step (a.) EIGHT times.
(c.) 1 - Clear AB 6mm Crystal Bicone, 1 - Silver-Plated 4mm Ridged Round, 1 - Black Striped Agate 18x25mm Puff Oval, 1 - Silver-Plated 4mm Ridged Round, and 1 - Clear AB 6mm Crystal Bicone.
7. Add a crimp bead and the split ring.
8. Take your Buddy Braids and string back through the crimp bead. String the Buddy Braids through the last several beads you added. Pull the Buddy Braids tight making the split ring close to the crimp bead. See below. While holding the Buddy Braids use your pliers and squeeze the crimp bead so the Buddy Braids will not pull out. Trim the extra Buddy Braids.
9. Add your crimp cover by placing it over your crimp bead and squeezing it closed.
You’re done!! These directions make a necklace that is approximately 21 inches long. If you need to change the length just add or subtract beads. You can use this pattern with any color beads you wish!!
If you do a lot of craft shows or jewelry shows there are several great things about beaded jewelry like this. One of those is that necklaces like this look great and also feel great in your customers hands. The semiprecious gemstone beads have a really nice feel to them and give a nice weight to the entire beaded necklace. If you have ever picked up a plastic necklace you will know exactly what we mean. Next time you are displaying your jewelry at a craft show and you see someone admiring the piece, place it in their hands and ask them what they think. Another great thing about this piece is it is not a complicated beaded necklace to make. If you have a jewelry show and need to have a hundred pieces of jewelry to display you just can't take hours upon hours making each piece of jewelry. There is no way to create enough and offer them at a suitable price. You can make a beaded necklace like this in under an hour. If you have any questions or need any advice about craft shows or jewelry shows please leave a comment below. We have a great deal of experience in successfully showing our beaded jewelry at craft shows.